How do I contact the calendar?
Please email [email protected] if:
- You have an event/action that is not on calendar
- You have updates to an existing event/action
- You would like to help maintain the calendar or improve the website
Where do I start?
Pick an event or action that interests you and attend it!
- Outside events: Especially if this is your first time, try to bring a buddy. Any applicable known safety information is included in the post, such as the recommendation to bloc up. Consistently show up, talk to people, and start building your community.
- Virtual events: Follow the links to register or attend the event.
- Government events: Follow the links to attend the live event, sign up in advance if you want to speak (if speakers are allowed, sign up for Seattle City Council is typically 2 hours before the meeting).
- Mutual aid events: Check the event information for expectations.
What else can I do?
– Donate your money! Many of the groups running events will also fundraise for supplies or other causes. Pay attention to what the group is, who’s leading it, and if there is transparency where the money goes.
– Educate yourself! Some great resources to start with are www.8toabolition.com and tinyurl.com/AntiracistAccompliceResources
Who are you?
A Seattle activist who is limited in outside participation for multiple reasons, but wants to support the movement effectively. Many thanks the countless activists forwarding events and helping to improve the calendar.